Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma Master of Science in Engineering Education by Research
Why take this course?
The Master of Science in Engineering Education by Research programme provides an exciting opportunity for learners to engage in contemporary research under the supervision of, and supported by, leading researchers in the field. The overall aim of the programme is that the graduate will develop significant expertise broadly in Engineering Education, but with a particular emphasis on a singular area of study. Graduates of the programme will be awarded a MSc in Engineering Education
What will I experience?
Example areas of study include, but are not limited to:
- Evidence-informed pedagogical practices
- Contemporary approaches to assessment
- Diversity and inclusivity in technology and
- engineering education
- Individual differences in students relating
- to cognition and learning
- Technology and engineering as curricular
- components in formal education
The Master of Science in Engineering Education by Research programme is a 120 ECTS Credit structured research programme. A minimum of 35 ECTS must come from structured modules which have been designed to support the student on their educational journey. Of these, a total of 25 ECTS credits relate to core research modules and a further 10 ECTS credits relate to disciplinary learning modules. The 25 ECTS credits of core research learning will come from the following modules:
- RES09026: Graduate Studies Pathway
- RES09028: Writing Skills for Graduate Students
- RES09027: Research Integrity Across the Disciplines
- RES09032: Introduction to Research Paradigms
- RES09030: Advanced Writing for Graduate Students
Students enrolled in this programme can choose, with the support of their supervisors, when to take these modules so as to provide a flexible and student-centred experience. The 10 ECTS credits of disciplinary learning relates to elective modules which students choose, again with the support of their supervisor, during their studies. The purpose of
these modules is to provide structured learning relating to philosophical, theoretical, and/or methodological disciplinary knowledge and skills.
- Course Award:
- Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma