Certificate Fundamentals of Culinary Skills (Access)
Why take this course?
This FREE 8-week culinary course is being offered by the Technological University of the Shannon’s Athlone campus for people interested in gaining basic culinary skills in a professional food preparation environment but also who face barriers when trying to access university courses.
This course is specifically targeting lone parents, members of Traveller and Roma communities, and residents of direct provision. The class will be varied and inclusive.
Apply by 26 January: https://forms.office.com/e/S4XtUqRPyy
Direct queries to email@example.com
What will I experience?
- 8-week course, not certified (certificate of attendance only);
- A joint collaboration between TUS Access Office and the Department of Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure, funded by College Connect project;
- It is a basic culinary course for people who would like to get a sample of what it is like to work and study in a professional food preparation environment;
- For people facing barriers when accessing higher education in Ireland;
- Open to refugees and international protection applicants;
- Limited spaces (max 14);
- Scheduled for 8 weeks - Fridays 9:30-13:30 starting from the 3 February
NB: Please note that transport to and from the Athlone campus is not provided.
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 8 Weeks
- Registration Closing Date:
26 January 2023
- Course Commencement Date:
3 February 2023
- Course Award:
- Dept of Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure